Faculty of Education, Phetchaburi Rajabhat University

History

Faculty of Education, Phetchaburi Rajabhat University was called the Educational Program. It was founded together with the Agricultural Teacher Training School on April 1, 1926 at U-Ruea Subdistrict, Mueang District, Ratchaburi Province. Then in 1927, the Ministry of Justice ordered the Agricultural Teacher Training School to be moved to a new location. In the area of Phra Ram Ratchaniwet Palace (Wang Ban Puen), Ban Mo Subdistrict, Mueang District, Phetchaburi Province. By moving the Agricultural Teacher Training School Samut Songkhram Province and Nakhon Chai Si Province Certificate Teacher Training School Nakhon Pathom Province combine together and change the name to “Provincial Certificate Teacher Training School, Agricultural Department” is located in Phetchaburi Province and in 1942 the name was changed to Certificate Teacher Training School, Phetchaburi Province to Phetchaburi Elementary Teacher Training School. Later, in 1948, it was changed to a Phetchaburi Teacher Training School. After that, in 1965, the Phetchaburi Teacher Training School moved to Na Wung Subdistrict, Mueang District, Phetchaburi Province until now.

In 1969, the Ministry of Education approved the school to teach at the Higher Education Vocational Certificate level (P.K.E.) and received an announcement raising the status of Phetchaburi Teacher Training School to Phetchaburi Teachers College on May 1, 1969, according to the announcement of the Minister of Education, and later in 1976 the status was raised to the Faculty of Education in Phetchaburi Teachers College, providing teaching and learning up to the bachelor’s degree level.

In 1992, His Majesty King Rama IX His graciously bestowed the name as “Phetchaburi Rajabhat Institute” on February 14, 1992. The Phetchaburi Rajabhat Institute had the status of a legal entity. Its duties are to produce general graduates in both academic fields at the bachelor’s and master’s levels. The Faculty of Educational Subject has been upgraded and its name changed to “Faculty of Education”. Later in 2004, Phetchaburi Rajabhat Institute was raised to Phetchaburi Rajabhat University, According to The Rajabhat Act B.E. 2547 on June 15, 2004. In 2005 the Faculty of Education became a government agency in Phetchaburi Rajabhat University, according to the ministerial regulations for the establishment of government agencies at Phetchaburi Rajabhat University Ministry of Education 2005, on March 8, 2005, opened the teaching of master’s degree in subject: Curriculum and Teaching.

Nowadays, Faculty of Education, Phetchaburi Rajabhat University is under the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation. (Separated from the Ministry of Education on May 2, 2019)

 

Scroll to Top